Obviously, anyone may move into the neighborhood by renting or buying a house. However, if you are choosing to move here because you want to join GANE, we recommend you do the following first:
- Read our Vision and Values to make sure they resonate with you.
- If so, join our email list to stay informed of our gatherings and hear about new rentals in the neighborhood, by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important: Get to know us, and let us get to know you, by coming to our gatherings and events before you move to the neighborhood.
- Learn about our Membership Categories (below).
- If it feels like a good fit, begin keeping an eye out for houses for rent or sale!
We have three categories of membership:
- Friend – Someone who attends gatherings and/or works on ecovillage projects, but isn’t ready to make a formal commitment. May or may not live in the neighborhood. A great way to test the waters of our community; may attend ecovillage meetings.
- Non-Voting Member – Someone who is ready for a formal commitment to the rights and responsibilities of membership. May or may not live in the neighborhood. May join voluntary co-ops such food, transportation, childcare and other co-ops; may participate in meetings.
- Voting Member – Someone who lives within the neighborhood (as renter or owner), is ready for a formal commitment to the rights and responsibilities of membership, and is willing to signal that commitment by paying a one-time non-refundable membership fee to help fund ecovillage projects. May join voluntary co-ops (see above); may participate in meetings and decision-making.
To read our complete Membership Documents, contact us.